Saturday, September 3, 2011

First basket of september

We got quite the haul at my site today: celery, cauliflower, spinach, leaf lettuce, mangos, nectarines, plums, pears, tomatoes, grapes, potatoes, and bananas! Usually when I get cauliflower, I use it to make low-cal alfredo sauce. (I'll give my recipe in a later post.) I have plenty of that in my freezer though, so what's a girl who doesn't normally like cauliflower to do? Leave a comment with your favorite figure-friendly (& tasty) cauliflower creations! .....P.S. I have a similar problem with cantaloupe. Feel free to post those recipes too.

3 comments:

  1. Cauliflower soup, is nummy!! Also I can't eat potatos, cause they are hard on my stomache, so when I get a craving for mashed potatos, I substitute cauliflower instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot stand cauliflower. However, in foil with a super light toss of olive oil and grilled I think it is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made Aloo Gobi (an Indian dish) yesterday. Usually I just roast it with a little olive oil and spices. SO Yummy!

    ReplyDelete