Saturday, September 3, 2011

Green Smoothies!!!

When I saw Spinach in the basket this week, I thought, “GREEN SMOOTHIES!”, then promptly went home and made one. I’m always using google to look up recipes, and I found that quite a lot of people like to put oatmeal in their green smoothies too. Who knew? I tried it, and it was awesome. It went the extra mile to fill me up and keep me full until lunch. I used some plums, half a banana, some spinach, and the oatmeal. Then I had the thought to add about a tablespoon of Hot chocolate mix, and it was great! I couldn’t taste the plums or spinach, so it came out tasting like chocolate-banana. . .I bet if I was going on an intense hike or something and needed the protein, a little bit of Peanut Butter would make it even better!

1 comment:

  1. Love that you are using BB to change your life! God has taken me on a big nutritional/life journey the past couple years and this past year I have made some MAJOR changes. I just wanted to encourage you, since you were on the subject of a green smoothie, to check out www.greensmoothiegirl.com. Her book "The Green Smoothies Diet" and now her "12 Steps to Whole Food" have helped with my final stages of transformation. Robyn Openshaw, the green smoothie girl, is doing free presentations all over US, I got to see attend/meet her in my home townin July. Highly recommend you check it out! Keep up the good work! You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete