Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Zumba!

I like trying new things, which is why I was excited to try the figs in the basket this week. Unfortunately, I've decided I'm not a fan. . .at least of eating them plain. Now I'm on a quest to find a way to prepare them that I will like better, but will still be healthy. I may try to make them into a salad dressing. I'll let you know how that goes.

I also want to talk about Zumba. It's an exercise class based on latin dancing (and a few other types), and it's pretty popular around here. I really love it. I go to a few classes at my gym every week and pretend that I can dance for an hour.  :) It's really great cardio, and sometimes I'm having so much fun, I don't even realize how hard I'm pushing myself.  I even look forward to it when I have to get up and go at 6 AM!!! 

Have you ever found a "fun" exercise?  What was it?

3 comments:

  1. I like riding my bike. If I can do the "exercise" outside it doesn't really feel like exercise to me. Zumba is fun though, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So off the exercise topic, and more to the fig.....my favorite recipe so far has been a Fig Crostini! I'll either use the BB sourdough bread, or the 9 grain, whichever I'm in the mood for that day, (9 grain I believe is the healthier choice) On days I have time, which ever bread I pick for the day, I will broil it, with some EVOO sprayed on both sides, or on days I don't have time to broil I just toast it. Then I top it with 1-2TBSP low fat Ricotta Cheese, some fresh Basil, and 1-2 figs, sliced up, then drizzel some Balsamic Vinegar over top! It has been a great snack, or a lunch!! I now actually get excited for when we get figs in our basket!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fun exercise is Zumba, too! The class I go to is at 7pm on Friday night, definitely beats packing on the calories in a bar or nightclub on a Friday night.

    ReplyDelete