Monday, October 10, 2011

I've never met a fruit or veggie I didn't like. . .well, almost.

One thing I love about Bountiful Baskets is how often I get to try things I've never had before. It also gives me a chance to get creative when it comes to my food choices.  Sometimes it's a challenge to find a way to prepare the produce so that I will like it. For example, in a previous post I mentioned that I don't like raw cauliflower. It's ok steamed with broccoli and covered in cheese, but not raw. So I came up with the cauliflower alfredo, and one of you suggested using it in place of mashed potatoes. I like it much better that way.  I've been able to find a way to prepare everything I've gotten, except the yellow squash. No matter what I do with that stuff, it's still nasty. . .so I usually share it with a neighbor.

The last two weeks we've gotten a lot of pears, which I don't really like raw either. I didn't want them to go bad, so I blended, cooked, and strained them, then added spices and honey and made pear juice/cider. (Not sure what the difference is). It's just starting to get cold here, so I've been craving hot chocolate or cider anyway, and this is a good natural alternative to the powders.

What are some interesting ways you've found to prepare foods you thought you didn't like?

No comments:

Post a Comment