Monday, October 3, 2011

Lemon Garlic Salad Dressing

The other day I mentioned that I like to make my own salad dressings. Today I used the lemons from Saturday's basket to make a really awesome viniagrette for the lettuce we got. When I googled it, there were a lot of recipes, but most of them had more oil than I wanted, or extra ingredients I didn't have or didn't want to add (like salt). So I took the things I liked from all of them and cut out the things I didn't. Here's my final recipe:

Lemon Garlic Salad Dressing

1/2 C Oil
3/4 C Lemon Juice
2 T Lemon Zest
1 T Garlic Powder*
Ground Black Pepper to taste

Combine ingredients and shake well.


* I use a lot of garlic, so if you're not used to it you may want to use less.

This recipe has about 50 Calories per Tablespoon, and it has A LOT of flavor, so you don't need to use much on your salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment