Monday, November 28, 2011

Today's Discovery

I just wanted to check in quickly today and let you all know I'm still here.  I had a great Thanksgiving, and I don't think I overdid it too much with the calories. . .  :)

Today I discovered a trick for the carrots that I still have in my fridge. I've always loved candied carrots (cooked in a pan with butter and brown sugar), but that's obviously not very healthy. Today I cut up a few and steamed them in the microwave with a little bestlife buttery spray and a tiny bit of brown sugar. It gave the taste of the candied carrots but was a lot more figure friendly. (And that's a good thing, especially since we get a lot of carrots some weeks!!)

2 comments:

  1. With our carrots, we cut em on the bias. Then just cover them in some chicken stock(should be low sodium) and a tablespoon or so of honey. Let em boil til tender. Most of the stock should evaporate. Lightly season and garnish with fresh parsley. They are a velvety and rich side dish without lots of calories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'll have to try that one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete