Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pineapple and Persimmons: Saturday's Basket and a Crazy Week

This week is kind of a crazy one (you know how December is) so I probably won't have time to sit down and write a long post. . . But I just got back from Zumba at the Rec Center and thought I'd post quickly while I eat breakfast.

There was so much great stuff in the basket on Saturday! I always intend to take pictures or something, but I end up eating some of it before I have time to take one.  :)  I love getting "interesting" things in the baskets. This week I was intrigued by the head of Butter Lettuce that was grown in a green house, and said something like "It's the freshest because it's still alive!" That was pretty cool.

I also got about 7 persimmons. I have to admit, I'm kind of stumped as to what to do with those. I think I remember not liking them plain, but all the recipes online are for cookies, cake, or pudding. . .so if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know!

I love getting pineapple too, and oranges (pretty much I just love my basket). Yesterday for dessert I put a little bit of chocolate sauce over some diced pineapple and it was delicious! There's nothing like the taste of fresh pineapple. It just doesn't taste the same from a can.

Hopefully I'll get the chance to post again in the next few days, but if not, I hope you all have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I love fresh pineapple! My favorite!!!
    Here's a link I found to a "healthy" persimmon cookie recipe. http://www.food.com/recipe/healthy-persimmon-cookies-recipe-322630

    ReplyDelete
  2. I diced my persimmons up and put them in a fruit salad :)

    ReplyDelete