Friday, December 2, 2011

Short and Sweet: Good News. . .and a Weigh In Too

First, the weigh in: This is pretty exciting: As of this morning the scale said 194.4 lbs, which means I've lost 37.4 lbs!

Now for the good news!  If you've read my first post, you know that the main reason I decided to start losing weight was that I began having some health problems. I couldn't believe that I let my eating habits get so out of control that I had made myself ill. Without going into too much detail, I just want to share that I must have crossed some imaginary line this week, because those health problems are gone! 

Of course, that doesn't mean I'm quitting now. I AM going to get down to a healthy BMI. And then I hope to lose a little bit more than that (so I'm not right on the border between healthy and overweight). I hope this gives other people motivation to not give up. It may take a while, but small changes really will make a big difference in the long-run. 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on creating a healthier YOU and for encouraging others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the like button? That's awesome! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! We have to start somewhere. It's a process over time, we don't gain weight overnight.....hence we will not lose it over night.

    You inspire me!
    Happy health!

    ReplyDelete