Monday, December 19, 2011

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

This is a very difficult time of year for weight loss; in fact, most people are gaining weight right now. It's no surprise when you consider how many Christmas parties there are in December, with tables full of indulgent food that we only get the chance to eat once a year. And where I live, people also do "neighbor gifts": generic, inexpensive presents that are hand delivered to everyone in the neighborhood. Usually they involve some kind of food--most of the time it's homemade candy, cookies, or cakes. There's nothing wrong with that--I love how neighborly everyone is here. The only problem is keeping the willpower not to walk to the counter and eat a whole handful of the stuff that everyone has given us.

My weeks now are usually made up of half "good" days and half "bad" days, and the scale is staying the same or only moving down a little at a time. I'm okay with that though; as far as I'm concerned, I'm still winning as long as the numbers don't go up! On the days I start to get picky with myself, I try to think of where I started and 1-Remind myself I don't want to go back up there again so I need to be careful, and  2- Look at how far I've come and think positive. So with that in mind, let's look at how far I've come, shall we?  :)

When I asked if I should do 40 lb pictures, the people who answered said yes, so here we go--The "before" picture was taken in June:




I started losing weight at the end of July, and here I am a little less than five months later and 40 lbs lighter:






The pink shirt isn't the most flattering in the world, but I wanted something that was a little tighter so you can really see the difference. One of the side benefits of getting healthy again is that I'm slowly fitting into more of my clothes. I actually get to choose what to wear now! One thing I'm still struggling with is jeans. I have one more pair I still need to fit into, and I'm hoping they're not floods like all my others (I have very long legs). When I get down to where I want to be I'm definitely going jean shopping. Do any of you know of a place that has jeans with irregularly long legs (that won't make me go broke)?

If you want to see all of the pictures I've taken in the same place, just click the "Progress Pictures" tab at the top of the page. And. . .I do have one more picture for you, just for good measure. :)  This is a close-up I took with my cellphone the day after the pink shirt picture. 




Here's hoping you have a great week!










2 comments:

  1. Love the pics! Try Ross for jeans, I've had good luck there and quite a few of them seem to run long at least on me. (I'm 5'6")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :) I'll have to try Ross when I get down to my goal weight. I can't usually find tall enough stuff there in my current size. . .(I'm 5'10.5" with long legs and a short torso).

    ReplyDelete