Thursday, January 26, 2012

My New Favorite Dairy Product

I've always liked yogurt--but then I grew up on the flavored kind that's loaded with sugar and is more of a substitute for dessert than a healthy snack.  Now I find myself obsessed with the healthy stuff. I recently discovered that a cup of greek yogurt has almost as much protein as my protein shakes. I've started using non-fat yogurt in veggie sauces where I used to use sour cream (and before that, I used cream cheese). And I love mixing it with a banana and some natural peanut butter for a snack. It's so delicious and creamy, and doesn't need any extra sugar. (And it helps me get my RDA for Calcium, so I don't end up with osteoporosis.)

If that wasn't enough to make me love yogurt, this article from Fitness Magazine about the benefits of yogurt sealed the deal. My favorite is benefit # 1--

 "People who ate (18 oz a day) -- in conjunction with cutting their total calories -- lost 22 percent more weight and 81 percent more belly fat than dieters who skipped the snack, according to research from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville."

I think I'm going to be eating a lot more yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment