Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Balance and Moderation

This week I've been having fun experimenting with my new Vitamix. Everything's been pretty good so far, but not quite good enough to share. I tried a honey-citrus salad dressing, but there was too much lemon for my taste. (I'm going to try one soon with just the orange.) I've made several smoothies--it just works so well for that! I've also made soup and peanut butter (not at the same time, of course).  I'm really excited about the peanut butter. Natural peanut butter is so much healthier than the regular stuff with all the added junk.

I did have to remind myself of one thing though: you can't go to town with your food just because it's healthy. I could sit here and eat the healthier variety all day long, and if I don't watch the calorie count, I'm not going to lose any weight--in fact, I'll probably gain. Being healthy is about balance and moderation. Don't forget! 

No comments:

Post a Comment