Friday, February 3, 2012

One thing at a time

Some of you may have noticed that I changed my weight loss tracker at the top of the page. When I started out at 232 lbs, getting to 175 and being a healthy BMI was all I could handle thinking about. Knowing I needed to lose over 50 lbs was difficult--thinking about 60 or 70 made me want to give up on even trying. . .so I set my original goal for 175. Now that I'm closer, I feel like I can push myself a little harder. I set the new goal for 160 for two reasons:

1- Sometime in May or June I need to have a minor surgery to have a plate and some screws removed from my left foot. I want to be to the goal weight before that (so I don't want to aim too low), since I know it will probably be a while before I'm able to do high impact exercising again. (And the surgery has to be in May or June because I lose my secondary insurance in July.) If I don't quite make it before the surgery, that's all right.

2- At some point in the near future, my husband and I want to start having kids. I want to be able to have a baby and gain the weight I need to without being back up in the middle of the "overweight" BMI category. That will be a lot easier if I start out at 160 instead of 175.

I've always been the type of girl that likes to break up big goals into smaller increments. It is a whole lot easier to focus on one thing at a time. So here we go--48 lbs down, 24 to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment