Monday, March 26, 2012

Peanut Butter + Banana= Delicious

Long time, no write! You were probably all thinking I had abandoned my blog. . . Actually, I was out of town for a while, and when I came back there was so much to do that I haven't been able to write! One new discovery I made in the past few weeks was a peanut butter banana green smoothie. It tastes like I'm drinking a candy bar!  Here's the ingredient list:


One banana, sliced and frozen
2 T natural peanut butter
1 C Milk
Greens

Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high until smooth.

You can use any greens you want, but I prefer those with less dominant flavors (like butter lettuce or spinach). You can also add a little cocoa powder if you would like a chocolaty taste. Also, this is not a low calorie green smoothie. It IS, however, delicious. Sometimes I use it as a meal replacement.


1 comment:

  1. Here is my latest smoothie recipe:
    1/2 frozen banana
    1 cup frozen peaches
    2 or 3 leaves kale, butter lettuce, or spinach
    4 T. no-fat plain greek yogurt
    1 T. Splenda
    1 serving whey powder
    1 cup cold water
    3 ice cubes

    It is wonderful and not bad in calories or carbs. If you want to add more flavor with no calories use Walden Farms Chololate Syrup, Caramel Syrup or Peanut Spread.

    ReplyDelete