Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What else can you do with yogurt?

As I was eating my peanut butter & banana yogurt for breakfast, I started wondering what else I can use yogurt for. I looked around online and found some pretty good ideas. Here are some of my favorites:

1-Smoothies-- I've made a lot of smoothies with my new vitamix. The yogurt helps make it creamier, and adds flavor.

2-When a recipe calls for sour cream, mayo, or heavy cream, try using yogurt instead.

3-Salad dressings-- I don't buy dressing from the store anymore. (I like fruity ones anyway, so what would be the point?) Almost all of my homemade dressings have at least a little bit of yogurt in them.

4-Use in muffins instead of oil. (I wonder if this works better or worse than applesauce?)

5-Use as a dip

6-Make a parfait with some berries from your basket and the granola add-on. (I've never gotten the granola, but I've heard it's delicious!)

7-There are some great frosting recipes that call for yogurt.

8-Tzatziki (I discovered this at Pita Pit--and I love it!)

9-Use it as a marinade


There are just so many things you can do with yogurt, and it goes so well with a lot of the stuff we get in our baskets every week!






Here are the web addresses I got most of my information from:

http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/quicktips/qt/yogurttips.htm
http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/family-nutrition/yogurt/5-ways-use-yogurt-nutritious-substitute
http://www.ivillage.com/10-ways-use-greek-yogurt/3-a-375925

No comments:

Post a Comment