Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Crazy!!!

My life has gotten just a little bit crazy this last month! It's been really stressful lately, and I haven't done so well at blogging. (And to be honest, my eating habits have gone a little downhill as well.) I'm not too concerned though--this always happens to anyone who's trying to lose weight. It's not going to be easy all the time--that's just part of the journey. All I have to do is remember why I'm doing this.  I do NOT want to get sick again! I do NOT want to be HERE again:

Why the sudden need to recommit? I'm having foot surgery in two days (part of the stressful-life thing). It's nothing serious, but I won't be able to run or jump on it for a few months, which means I will need to be extra careful with what I eat, since I can't burn a ton of calories at the gym. Speaking of that, I've got a question for all of you:  Do you have any good at home exercises I can do with an injury like that? I don't know yet if I'll be allowed to put any weight on it, or if I'll need crutches at first. I'll let you know this weekend (assuming I'm not too loopy from the pain medication). Thanks for all your support in my journey!

1 comment:

  1. I've had more than my share of issues with my feet including surgery. I'll spare you the details but some ideas for excercise include a lot of upper body work with weights, excercise bands, medicine balls, etc. You can also do core work. The best thing though is if you have a stationary bike. I got one second hand. I've used it while in a cast, walking boot, etc. Just check with your doctor first. One consultation with a trainer or physical therapist may be well worth the ideas they share

    ReplyDelete