Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Going Back

At my last post-surgery appointment, my doctor told me it was alright to go back to all my regular activities, including zumba. So this morning I went back to the gym. I'm not going to lie--it was hard. I mean, who really wants to get up and go work out at 6 AM when they've been sleeping in for two months? I was excited, because I've missed dancing, but I was also nervous, because my toe is still a little swollen. I knew I needed to start with low-impact when I went back to class, but I was worried I wouldn't make it through the whole hour.

As it turned out, everything was fine! I felt a little like a beginner since half of the songs were new, but other than that I did great. My foot didn't hurt any more than it did before I had the surgery, and I figure by the time I've learned all the new choreography, I should be okay to ramp up the intensity. 

Sometimes the most difficult thing about weight loss is just starting. Start eating better. Start working out. Start taking care of yourself. I've been especially reminded of this lately because of all the things I've had to re-start. There will be plenty of excuses, and believe me, I've thought of all of them. But when it comes down to it, you just have to get up and do it.

1 comment:

  1. The great thing about Zumba, is that it can be done at your own intensity while still "keeping up" with the rest of the class.

    ReplyDelete