Thursday, June 14, 2012

What's for Dinner?

I love experimenting with my food. Sometimes it doesn't turn out so well. . .but if I never tried new things, I wouldn't have discovered any of the delicious recipes that I now love. For example:

Last night for dinner I had a salad similar to something you can get at Chipotle, Cafe Rio, and Costa Vida--Romaine Lettuce, Rice, Tomato, Pineapple sauce (from the last post) and chicken (dipped in coconut flakes and sauteed in olive oil).  It was fantastic!

Tonight I felt like having pasta (I love pasta). I pulled some Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce from my freezer, added some sauteed onions, tomatoes, and garlic, and poured it over some pasta. (I used a vegetable-based pasta called Ronzoni Garden Delight.)  Between the pasta and the sauce, I had Cauliflower, Onions, Tomatoes, Garlic, Spinach, and Carrots for dinner. But it sure tasted like the fancy fetucini alfredo they serve at my husband's favorite Italian place!

I love that I can save money and have healthy food that actually tastes good.  Hooray for Bountiful Baskets!

No comments:

Post a Comment