Saturday, June 23, 2012

What's in the baskets this week? SPAGHETTI SQUASH!!!!!

Good Morning!! I just got back from picking up my basket and I'm really excited about it.  Here's what I got this week (sorry about the picture quality-I'm just using my phone).



4 Tomatoes
2 Spaghetti Squash
1 Head Romaine
1 Head Celery
5 lbs Russet Potatoes
2 Onions
8 Bananas
1 Container Blueberries
1 Cantaloupe
7 White Nectarines
1 Bag Cherries


After I took this picture and put everything away, I realized I forgot to put the cherries in the picture:






I'm super excited about everything in the basket this week--ESPECIALLY the spaghetti squash. I've never been able to try it before, and I've been hoping for it in a basket for over a year. Now my only problem is that I don't know what to do with it after I spaghettify it. :)  Should I have it with Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce, or regular tomato sauce? Or maybe I should serve it with greens sauteed in a little olive oil. I just can't decide! What's YOUR favorite way to serve spaghetti squash?

I was also glad to see the blueberries. I thought about making some Tart & Tangy Blueberry Vinaigrette to go with the Romaine, but I'll probably just freeze them for smoothies this time, because I have another idea for salad dressing. If it works out, I'll post the recipe later this week!



1 comment:

  1. There is a recipe on BB's FB page called mushroom spaghetti squash. I am going to try it.

    ReplyDelete