Friday, June 29, 2012

Who says losing weight means going without?

The best part about eating healthy food is that you never have to go hungry, and you can still lose weight. This is the gigantic plate of "spaghetti" with marinara that I ate for lunch yesterday.



Of course, I used the spaghetti squash from last week's basket. And the marinara is made from two tomatoes, 1/2 cup of the cauliflower alfredo sauce, garlic & onion powder, and a little Italian seasoning. I was even able to put cheese on top, and that entire plate is still only 270 calories. And. . .I still have half of this spaghetti squash left, plus another one I haven't cooked yet!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI, I've decided to switch to getting a basket every other week now, since I've lost 50 lbs, and I don't need as many calories as I did before. (And also because my husband is cutting back his hours at work so he can go to school full time this fall, and we had to adjust our budget.) So if you wonder why I don't post about some of the food we get in our baskets, that's why.

2 comments: