Tuesday, July 3, 2012

No-Bake Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars





Last week I came across this recipe for "Cake Batter Energy Bars" from Chocolate Covered Katie. I didn't have all of the ingredients called for, so I tweaked it a bit. (And of course I added some fruit, because what would a blog about Bountiful Baskets be if the recipes didn't have any produce in them?)  


These Blueberry Oatmeal Bars have about 150 calories each, and would be great for breakfast, or as a natural, homemade energy bar (I'm probably going to take some with me when my husband and I go hiking.)




Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars

1 1/2 C Old Fashioned Oats
1 C Corn Chex
1/4 tsp salt
4 Tbsp Honey
1/4 to 1/2 C Blueberries

1- Put Oats, Chex, and salt in the food processor, and process until the mixture reaches the consistency of flour.

2- Put Coconut Butter and Honey in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for about 30 seconds. (Just long enough for them to liquify.) 

3- Add the blueberries to the Coconut Butter/Honey mixture and mash with a fork.

4- Combine wet and dry ingredients. (The mixture should be slightly crumbly, but hold together well.)

5- Line a pan with waxed paper. (My pan is a weird size, but it holds the same amount as an 8 x 8 square pan.)

6- Drop the mixture onto the waxed paper, and use another piece of waxed paper to push down until the bars are packed into the pan.

7- Place bars in the freezer to harden (It should take about an hour.) 

Cut and Enjoy! (Makes 9 bars.)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete