Saturday, July 7, 2012

What's in the baskets this week?






This is a great basket week--I got a ton of stuff! Here's the list:

1 Head of Lettuce
1 Head of Cauliflower
1 Bag of Green Beans
2 Zucchini Squash
6 Tomatoes
8 Limes
10 Plums
5 Nectarines
2 Mangoes
2 Bags of Grapes
2 Packages of Strawberries

Not bad for $16.50!!!  (I should mention that I volunteered this morning, so I got extra strawberries.) There are a lot of good "smoothie fruits" in the bunch. Bananas are conspicuously absent, but then I still have some from two weeks ago that aren't ripe yet--but they will be soon! And boy, do I have plans for them. . .

I had to chuckle when I saw the cauliflower this morning. Once upon a time I didn't like cauliflower very much. Then I found ways to prepare it that I did like. Now my only problem is deciding which way I want to make it this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment