Monday, March 17, 2014

Coming Back




I'm finally back.  It's been about a year and a half since I was really very active with this blog. In that time, I recovered from my foot surgery, my husband started working less hours so he could go back to school full time, I took on more piano students, got pregnant, had the baby, and continued to juggle our work/school schedules so that one of us could be home with the baby almost all the time (except for a few hours each week when she stays with Grandma & Grandpa).

My gym pass expired while I was pregnant, and of course, with all hospital bills and new costs of having a little one, getting another pass isn't an option (I miss Zumba!). It's all worth it though--she's a little sweetheart.

There are two things I wish I had done differently, though.  I gained back a lot of the weight when I was pregnant, assuming it would melt right off again when she was born and I started nursing. I didn't expect that I wouldn't be able to nurse.  In gaining that weight, I got into a lot of my old bad eating habits, and since then, it's been really hard to break them again. Part of the reason is because of the second thing I wish I had done differently. I allowed myself to become an obstacle.

I love my baby so much, and I've been so preoccupied with taking care of her that I began to feel apathetic about taking care of myself, thinking she's more important.  Now, seven months later, I'm just finally coming to the realization that taking care of myself is taking care of her.

My husband suggested I take back my blog.  You guys were all such a great support for me before, and I loved being able to share my ideas and successes with you.  I've only gotten one basket since I had my little girl because it's been  better option for us lately to buy our produce from the grocery store.  I'll probably still try to get a basket every now and then, but I decided I can still blog about losing weight by eating well, even if I don't get a basket every week anymore. I'm going to try to write about once a week initially, since my schedule is so much more hectic now.

Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. Welcome back and congrats on your baby girl! I know what starting over feels like... going through it myself right now, but we can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete